[PyQt] problem with qextscintillaglobal.h when installing PyQT-3.7.16

Nicola Caon nicola.caon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 18:02:20 GMT 2009

Hi,
I was trying to install PyQT-3.17.16, and I obtain the error:
qextscintillaglobal.h could not be found in
/usr/pkg/SIEvarios/QScintilla/i686/QScintilla-gpl-2.3.2/qt-3.3/include/Qsci

(The PC has Red Hat Enteprise Linux 4, on a 32-bit CPU).

Now the above directory is where I installed from source QScintilla
2.3.2 (I do not
have write permissions in /usr/lib/qt-3.3)
This directory contains many header files, however
qextscintillaglobal.h is nowhere
to be found.

I checked a previous installation of QScintilla, version 1.65, and in this one
qextscintillaglobal.h is indeed among the header files.

Thus I compared the header files in the old and new QScintilla releases, and it
looks like to me that the header files have been renamed, what before was
qextscintillaapis.h is now called qsciapis.h, qextscintillaglobal.h is now
qsciglobal.h, and so on.

So perhaps PyQT code should be modified in order to use the appropriate header
files for the latest QScintilla release, or at least this problem
should be noted in the
installation instructions along with possile solutions.

Many thanks
Nicola