[PyQt] QTextEdit.ExtraSelection not working anymore

Henning Schröder henning.schroeder at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 02:23:56 GMT 2009

Hi!
In the attached example the first line should be highlighted.
Unfortunately it does not work on my system[1]
Normally I would think I have done something wrong but this code works
on my laptop[2]

I haven't seen anything relevant in the changelogs. Did I miss anything?

Regards
Henning

[1] Ubuntu Jaunty, PyQt 4.4.4, sip 4.7.9, Qt 4.5 (but I think it
already failed with the previous Qt version)
[2] Ubuntu  Hardy, PyQt 4.3.3, sip 4.7.7, Qt 4.4.3

PS: Anyone having problems  with QSyntaxHighlighter and Qt 4.5 should
read http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2008/11/04/910/