[PyQt] QGraphicsView in a QGraphicsLayout/Plasmoid?

cfigura charles.figura at wartburg.edu
Tue Mar 10 12:19:45 GMT 2009

I'm hoping someone can help me out here.  I've got a little applet that I had
originally written with the QCanvas but have just ported over to Qt4 using
the QGraphicsView.

I'd like to turn it into a plasmoid app, but have had very little luck
finding documentation on that.  I've successfully found a few examples (such
as http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/PythonPlasmoid), and
it appears that the base plasmoid applet is based on a QGraphicsLayout.  I
know it's probably just my poor understanding of the whole QGraphics
heirarchy, but I can't figure out how to use a QGraphicsView in a
QGraphicsLayout.  Can anyone help out?  Or point me to somewhere where I can
get some info?

Thanks!