[PyQt] Pydee v0.3.0

Pierre Raybaut contact at pythonxy.com
Tue Mar 10 21:19:23 GMT 2009

Hi all,

Two months ago, I made an announcement regarding a little open-source
project of mine, PyQtShell -- that is a module providing embeddable
console widgets for your PyQt applications (interactive Python shell,
workspace, working directory browser, editor, ...) as well as "Pydee", a
PYthon Development EnvironmEnt based on these widgets (which could
become an interesting alternative to IDLE for example).

Pydee features have been greatly enhanced these last weeks, and a lot of
bugs were fixed thanks to Christopher Brown (thank you again Christopher
for your bug reports/feature requests which are always very detailed and
constructive).

I recently (a few minutes ago actually..) added an interesting feature
in Pydee v0.3.0: matplotlib integration (i.e. matplotlib figures can be
docked inside Pydee which is quite convenient).
See this screenshot for example:
http://source.pythonxy.com/PyQtShell/screenshots/ss3.png

Other screenshots and informations:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/PyQtShell/
http://code.google.com/p/pyqtshell/

As some of you may have noticed, Pydee is intended to be a mini-MATLAB
environment -- that being said, it still at an early stage of development.

Cheers,
Pierre