[PyQt] derive from a designer widget

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Mar 11 19:44:11 GMT 2009

On 11.03.09 16:55:11, Mario Daniel Carugno wrote:
> Hi, i'm using pytq4 + designer4.
> I want to design a generic main window with common buttons (next,
> previous, new, edit, ...)
> with a central area for data. That central area could be a frame.
> In QT3 remember i could derive my widget from another one made with
> designer, but that is
> not possible in QT4. That the behaviour i want.

You can still do the same thing, except that you'll additionally need a
python class subclassing QMainWindow that loads the ui from the designer
form. Then you can create subclasses from that and set the central
widget. If the form is a member of your base class you can also access
it and all widgets from the subclass.

Andreas

--
You have an unusual magnetic personality.  Don't walk too close to
metal objects which are not fastened down.