[PyQt] SIP: Where is the generated python wrapper code?

Brian Kelley kelley at eyesopen.com
Thu Mar 19 22:19:23 GMT 2009

You are too used to SWIG.  SIP doesn't generate "python wrapper code", it just generates C++ code that turns into a dynamically linked library that you load.

For example:

swig:
QtWidgets.py
_QtWidgets.so

SIP:
QtWidgets.so

Brian

I have used SWIG for several years. Now I want to change to SIP. But I did not manage to run even the simplest example from the reference guide. When I tried the "Word" example there was a lot of C++ Code created, but no Python wrapper code.

Where is the generated Python wrapper code?

I am using Pythonxy on Windows XP.

Regards,
Magnus Benjes