[PyQt] possible regression in PyQt/sip snapshots

Darren Dale dsdale24 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 14:13:16 GMT 2009

I have been keeping up to date with the snapshots, and after installing them
I try to launch Eric4 and I get a segfault. I think this simple example,
adapted from eric4's Debugger/BreakPointModel.py, might illustrate the
problem:

from PyQt4 import QtCore
alignment = QtCore.QVariant(QtCore.Qt.Alignment(QtCore.Qt.AlignLeft))

When I run that script, I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test_alignment.py", line 3, in <module>
    alignment = QtCore.QVariant(QtCore.Qt.Alignment(QtCore.Qt.AlignLeft))
TypeError: unable to convert a Python 'Alignment' object to a C++
'Qt::Alignment' instance

Can anyone please confirm?

Darren