[PyQt] SIP suggestion: warnings for /Transfer/ with /Supertype=sip.simplewrapper/

Kevin Watters kevin.watters at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 20:08:49 GMT 2009

I updated to a newish SIP snapshot and was playing around with using
/Supertype=sip.simplewrapper/ when possible.

The note in the docs about simplewrapper objects being unable to take
part in ownership transfer is good, but it might be even more useful for
SIP to warn or fail when you have a sip.simplewrapper type participating
in /Transfer/--since at runtime, it just silently remains owned by
Python. Most of my libraries' transfer cases were covered by one common
base class, which got /Supertype=sip.wrapper/ -- but there were a few
classes that weren't covered by this, and they were a (minor) pain to
hunt down.

Just a suggestion!

- Kevin