[PyQt] PyQt/SIP snapshots

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat Mar 28 20:16:31 GMT 2009

On Sat Mar 28 12:57:12 GMT 2009, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 13:46:48 +0100, Giovanni Bajo <rasky at develer.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > is this a good moment to test SIP/PyQt snapshots against Qt 4.5.0?
>
> Yes. I'm currently working on pyuic4 - everything else should be production
> ready.

I've found a couple of issues with PyQt-x11-gpl-4.5-snapshot-20090327 using
Python 2.5.4:

 * pyrcc4 now requires you to pass -py2 for Python 2.x code - this breaks
   existing build environments. Is there a way that it could figure out
   which version of Python it is running with and use that to determine what
   kind of code to generate?

 * There's a conflict between the error() signal and the error() method in
   QNetworkReply. You can see this by obtaining the Google Suggest example
   from the http://labs.trolltech.com/gitweb?p=GraphicsDojo repository.
   (Use "git clone git://labs.trolltech.com/GraphicsDojo" to get those
   examples or download a snapshot.)

David