[PyQt] CloudKnowledge 0.1 released

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Tue Mar 31 20:44:35 BST 2009

Hi,

I don't know if its a good place here, but in a transparent attempt to raise
the traffic on my website I hereby announce the first release of CloudKnowledge.

http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/?q=CloudKnowledge

 What is it?

It is my 12 hours of programming result of thinking about storing small bits
of data "in the network". It is a very simple kind of database that just
stores key/value pairs. Apart from installation and running the server apps,
its completely self-configuring and self-synchronizing. Start it on as many
machines as you like, use it to store and query data and no matter how many
machines go down in between, as long as some or at least one machine is
running, the data isn't lost. (Persistence over shutdown is planned for next
versions...)

 Why?

It results from some of my thoughts about a self-configuring distributed
mirrored network filesystem which is likely to not ever get started. But maybe
I or someone else is interested in this little tool. And at least I learned
how to ship modules and scripts with the python setuptools...

I know my mail is only half on-topic as I don't use PyQt in that project
(yet), but I am not subscribed to any other python mailing lists so I don't
know where to announce things like this best.

Have a nice day/night,

Arnold