[PyQt] Bindings for Qxt?

Benjamin Wohlwend bw at piquadrat.ch
Sat May 2 19:39:48 BST 2009

Hi,

over the last couple of weeks, I wrote my first PyQt4 application and
released it at http://undercover.piquadrat.ch . My application is a tool to
retrieve and manage artwork for iTunes. So it's self-evident that I have to
use something "coverflowy". Qxt[1] has an itemview derived from
PictureFlow[2] that displays images stored in an itemmodel (QxtFlowView
[3]). I'd really like to use a QxtFlowView instead of the QListView I use at
the moment to list artwork.

Unfortunately, my C++ skills are practically inexistent, same goes for my
knowledge of SIP. I tried to translate QxtFlowView and the classes it uses
to Python, but I've hit a wall where the C++ code uses QImage::scanLine and
does fancy bit operations on the raw data. Even if I could translate that to
Python, I suspect performance to be quite sub par.

So my last hope is cheap, shameless begging ;-) If it isn't to much work,
could someone with mad SIP ninja skillz convert the appropriate header files
(qxtflowview_p.h[4] and qxtflowview.h[5] should be enough, I think)? As my
application is open source and I have no opportunity to earn money with it,
I can only offer eternal gratitude and a link on my website and/or about
dialog in the application.

Kind regards,
Benjamin Wohlwend

[1] http://www.libqxt.org/