[PyQt] Cannot Configure PyQt

Charles Haron ceharon at gmail.com
Sun May 3 06:32:07 BST 2009

Hello,

I get the following when running "python configure.py".

Determining the layout of your Qt installation...
This is the GPL version of PyQt 4.4.4 (licensed under the GNU General Public
License) for Python 2.6.2 on darwin.

Type '2' to view the GPL v2 license.
Type '3' to view the GPL v3 license.
Type 'yes' to accept the terms of the license.
Type 'no' to decline the terms of the license.

Do you accept the terms of the license? yes
Qt v4.5.1 free edition is being used.
Qt is built as a framework.
SIP 4.7.9 is being used.
The Qt header files are in /usr/include.
The shared Qt libraries are in /Library/Frameworks.
The Qt binaries are in /Developer/Tools/Qt.
The Qt mkspecs directory is in /usr/local/Qt4.5.
These PyQt modules will be built: QtCore.
The PyQt Python package will be installed in
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages.
The Designer plugin will be installed in
/Developer/Applications/Qt/plugins/designer.
The PyQt .sip files will be installed in
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/share/sip/PyQt4.
pyuic4, pyrcc4 and pylupdate4 will be installed in
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin.
Generating the C++ source for the QtCore module...
*sip: Unable to find file "sip/QtCore/QtCoremod.sip"*
*Error: Unable to create the C++ code.*

I can't seem to find much about QtCoremod.sip.  Any suggestions as to how to
fix this problem?

Running Mac OS 10.4.11

Thanks,
Charles