[PyQt] faster alternative to QHeaderView's resizeToContents?

İşbaran Akçayır isbaran at gmail.com
Sat May 9 09:49:43 BST 2009

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Glenn Linderman <v+pyqt at g.nevcal.com> wrote:
> On approximately 5/9/2009 12:28 AM, came the following characters from the
> keyboard of Edwin Marshall:
>>
>> I have a QTableView that displays the contents of a model with over 3000
>> rows, each with 11 columns. I'd like to the original size of these columns
>> to be no larger than the content within them, but setting their resizeMode's
>> to QHeaderView.resizeToContents causes the tremendous slow downs (where
>> originally the data would load in two seconds, using this mode causes the
>> data to be loaded after about a minute and a half). Is there some faster
>> alternative?

Hello,

I had a similar issue, a big slowdown after resetting my model, and i
was thinking the QSortFilterProxyModel is causing this
slowdown. Are you sure the resizetocontents is the source of this
problem ? Or any of you guys have this similar problem with
sortfilterproxy ?

My solution was to use treewidget instead, i also used
resizetocontents in treewidget and had no slowdowns ..

best regards
işbaran