[PyQt] PyQt 4.5 snapshot build (windows and mac)

Magnus Benjes magnus.benjes at googlemail.com
Sun May 17 08:13:45 BST 2009

> I was not aware that PyQt goes with mingw32 (what about VC9?). using
> mingw which came with Qt4.5 I could build SIP and PyQt (still compiling)
> successfully. this article was really helpful:
> http://diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/BuildPyQt4Windows
There is a build in binary incompatibility between the comercial version of
Qt and the open source version on Windows. The open source version is built
with Mingw and the comercial version is built with VC. If you want to use Qt
with VC you have to buy a comercial licence.

And so it is also for PyQt.

Regards
Magnus