[PyQt] Re: PyQt 4.5 snapshot build (windows and mac)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon May 18 01:37:33 BST 2009

On 17.05.09 21:47:53, Michael Held wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >>>
> >> thanks for your infos. I installed the non-commercial Qt4.5 binaries
> >
> > Missed that part, the binary package of Qt4.5 is of course compiled with
> > MinGW. However you can simply fetch the source package and build it
> > yourself with MSVC.
> >
> >> actually mingw is fine for me, or are there serious implications I do
> >> not know about?
> >
> > Well, its only slightly less broken than MSVC6 wrt. some C++ constructs and
> > its horribly slow too.
>
> thanks for the infos. so you say
> PyQt-Py2.6-gpl-4.5-snapshot-20090504-1.exe was build with mingw?

I don't know, haven't used PyQt for quite some time and never really the
snapshots. I was talking about Qt, not PyQt binaries. As PyQt4 binary
packages also contain Qt itself, it could be that Phil builds them with
MSVC.

> anyway, I am fine with mingw32, but tried to find out why my py2exe dist
> is not transferable to another PC.
> I switched to this binary snapshot of PyQt 4.5 but py2exe is now
> struggling to find MSVCP90.DLL...

That indicates that indeed the snapshot was built with MSVC9.

Andreas

--
Your love life will be happy and harmonious.