[PyQt] QThread and asynchronous Qt events

Frédéric Mantegazza frederic.mantegazza at gbiloba.org
Tue May 19 11:22:22 BST 2009

I would like to know if threads based on QThread are safe when sending Qt
events in Qt3 (I call some GUI methods from these threads)?

I know that is is OK with Qt4, as I heavily use them on my Papywizard
app, but I have some strange error messages on another app, written in
Qt3, at work:

X Error: BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter) 4
  Major opcode:  56
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x4059d
X Error: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error) 16
  Major opcode:  20
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x4059d

Note that this problem occures on one machine, but not on the other. But
both machines are very close (same debian etch release ; only hardwares
differ)...

Any idea what could cause this?

--
    Frédéric