[PyQt] Next Releases

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue May 26 17:39:20 BST 2009

On Dienstag, 26. Mai 2009, Phil Thompson wrote:
> I plan to release new versions of SIP, PyQt3, PyQt4 and QScintilla at the
> end of the week based on the current snapshots.
>
> If there is something you think is missing or broken then now would be a
> good time to remind me.
>
> Phil

Is there a way to test, if Qt and/or PyQt were built with SSL support. Overe
here I get strange errors on a Win system. My QSsl... imports work fine (i.e.
no ImportError is raised). However, executing this code

	from PyQt4.QtNetwork import QSslConfiguration.
        sslCfg = QSslConfiguration.defaultConfiguration()
        caList = sslCfg.caCertificates()
	print len(caList)

prints '0' to the console, while it prints '81' on my Linux box. This makes me
assume, that Qt on win is not compiled with SSL support by default (I used
the standard win installer for Qt 4.5.1 from Nokia).

If there is no programmatic way to do this, would it be possible to add a
method to QSslConfiguration (e.g. isAvailable()) that tells, if SSL support
is available. I think this could be done with some handwritten code using
something like this.

QSslConfiguration::isAvailable() {
#ifndef QT_NO_OPENSSL
  return true;