[PyQt] Strange sip 4.7.9 bug

Arve Knudsen arve.knudsen at gmail.com
Wed May 27 16:17:29 BST 2009

Hi
Phil, I really need help with this extremely strange bug in sip 4.7.9 on
Windows Vista x64, Python 2.6 (32bit). It's difficult to describe fully, but
I'll try (I can't provide sources, since it's proprietary code). The
scenario is (more or less) like this: lod.sip declares a class TileTree,
which lives in igmLod/TileTree.h. gui.sip imports lod.sip and declares a
class ViewerProject, which refers to a QList<TileTree>. What then happens is
that the files sip_igmlodTileTree.cpp, which includes igmLod/TileTree.h, and
sip_igmguiQList.cpp, which includes igmLod/TileTreeileTileTreeree.h, are
generated. As you can see, the inclusion in the latter .cpp is all scrambled
(with the class name). Any idea what's going on here, eventually how I can
debug sip myself?

For reference, the sip class declarations:

class TileTree
{
%TypeHeaderCode
#include <igmLod/TileTree.h>
using namespace igmLod;
%End

public:
    typedef osg::ref_ptr<TileTree> Ref;

    int getNumTopTiles() const;

    Tile* getTopTile(int i);
};

class ViewerProject : QObject
{
%TypeHeaderCode
#include <igmGui/ViewerProject.h>
using namespace igmGui;
%End

public:
    ViewerProject();

    const QList<TileTree::Ref>& getTileTrees();

    void load(const QString& filename);
};