[PyQt] Can't load custom python plugins in qt4 designer

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat May 30 00:27:40 BST 2009

On Thu, 28 May 2009 13:49:22 +0100, Michael Thompson wrote:

>    I'm trying to load a custom plugin in designer, on Ubuntu jaunty.
>
> I have tried running qtdemo from the python-qt4-doc package but the plugins
> do not appear in designer.

Do you mean that you tried running the plugins.py example from the
examples/designer/plugins directory?

> If I use the About->Plugins menu in designer I
> can see a libpythonplugin.so folder but no entries underneath it.
>
> Any idea how I can debug this further?

Can you run the examples/designer/plugins/plugins.py PyQt example and let
us know if the plugins appear?

Can you tell us where you have installed your plugins?

At some point next week I might find the time to verify this problem with
Jaunty, but maybe someone else can do so in the meantime.

David