[PyQt] Re: problem with QAbstractItemModel

Baz Walter bazwal at ftml.net
Fri Nov 6 19:00:52 GMT 2009

Vicent Mas wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm still struggling with this problem, looking for a solution (or, at
>>> least,
>>> a workaround) with no luck. Could somebody give me a hand please? I
>> really
>>
>>> need to fix this issue.
>
> Hi,
>
>> Try and simplify your test case. 250+ lines isn't something people can take
>> a quick look at.
>>

> Done. I've removed as much as I can. Please, let me know if it is not yet
> enough.
>
> Vicent
>
> PS: when running the script, in order to remove an item select it an press
> Del.

your implementation of QAbstractItemModel.index is going to get called
*a lot* and in many unforseen ways. i think a more sane implementation
would be something like this:

     def index(self, row, column, parent):
         if self.hasIndex(row, column, parent):
             branch = self.nodeFromIndex(parent)
             return self.createIndex(row, column, branch.childAtRow(row))
         return QModelIndex()

this fixes your immediate bug, and will probably avoid many others.