[PyQt] Supporting Python 3 (and 2)

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Tue Nov 10 07:40:31 GMT 2009

Hello Phil and Friends,

I'm (finally) digging into figuring out what I need to do for PyKDE to
support Python 3. There doesn't seem to be much written on the subject,
but I get the impression still that it is dead simple. It is just a
matter of generating the C++ using SIP and compiling the result against
the Python 3 headers and linking against Python 3's library? And then
possibly adding some API annotations to PyKDE to support the newer way
of doing things?

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/