[PyQt] Webpage snapshot

adamkauk adambernhard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 22:13:41 GMT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to debug a webpage snapshot program. It is supposed to make a bmp
picture of whatever webpage it is given the URL of. It works for most sites,
but for some reason, for yahoo.com, it only gets a gray picture. We figured
out that it's because the webframe doesn't actually get the html for the
yahoo.com. It only gets the javascript at the beginning of the webpage. We
found this out through the toHtml function of the webframe.

We're pretty sure it's not a useragent problem, because we used wget with
our useragent and got the whole source of yahoo.com.

The code is following, and here is how you run it:

export DISPLAY=:0
python sitesnap.py -s 1 -v 1024x768 -o v.bmp http://yahoo.com

http://old.nabble.com/file/p26292252/sitesnap.py sitesnap.py