[PyQt] object using deleteLater(), signal destroyed() not emitted

Wilbert Berendsen wbsoft at xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 15 19:53:44 GMT 2009

Hi,

in recent sip releases (on my Karmic system, 4.9.1-snapshot), the signal
destroyed() is not emitted (as least not by PyQt) when a remote object
destroys itself using deleteLater().

in sip 4.7.9 it works perfectly.  The qobject in question is a KDE readonly
part (KonsolePart) that destroys itself using deleteLater() when the user logs
out of the terminal. I want to notice the logout and hide the widget,
recreating the part when the terminal view is requested again.

But as said, in sip 4.9.1.x the slot connected to the part's destroyed()
signal is not called. Attached is a small (KDE) test app to demonstrate the
problem.

Is this a bug or should I use another way of doing this?

Attached the small test app. When the user logs out the terminal, a message
should be printed on stdout.

w best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--