[PyQt] QObject.sender() bug

Marcos Dione mdione at grulic.org.ar
Mon Nov 23 21:53:09 GMT 2009

    I think the backtrace is eloquent enough:

--- traceback ---
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/mdione/src/projects/satyr/collection-agregator/satyr/models.py", line 97, in addSongs
    sender= QObject.sender ()
TypeError: first argument of unbound method QObject.sender() must be a QObject instance

--- traceback ---
    what's strange is that the sip file seems to be ok, but then I'm not
familiar to sip files:

--- code ---
public:
    QObject *sender() const;
%MethodCode
        // This is actually protected but we never need to call the real method.
        sipRes = qpycore_qobject_sender();
%End
--- code ---

    hints?

--
(Not so) Random fortune:
The Weak Lusethropic Principle states: "As more idiot-proof software becomes