[PyQt] Re: Build problems on win32

Antonio Valentino antonio.valentino at tiscali.it
Sat Oct 3 09:28:10 BST 2009

Sorry for multiple posting. I don't receive message from the mailing
list any more.

> On Fri Oct 2 20:04:49 BST 2009, Antonio Valentino wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to build PyQt4.6 on win32 using Qt4.5.3 (SDK 2009.04) and
> > MSVC 2008.
>
> [...]
>
> > I can't figure out where "C:\work3\qt.git" came from.
> > It seems to be an hardcoded path in qt libs.
>
> Did you build a version of Qt from the Git repository at some point?
> Perhaps this is interfering with the build process.
>
> David

Hi David,
no, I just installer the qt-sdk-win-opensource-2009.04.exe from
qt.nokia.com site and build it using MSVC2008 and following the
tutorial at:

http://blogs.msdn.com/gpalem/archive/2009/03/09/how-to-make-qt-sdk-work-with-visualstudio-2008-express-complete.aspx

I encountered build problems and solved removing temporary files

src/3rdparty/webkit/WebCore/tmp/moc/{debug,release}_shared/mocinclude.tmp

as reported here:

http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009/06/25/qt-452-has-been-released/

After that I set environment vatiables:

PATH=C:\Qt\2008.04\qt\bin:%PATH%
QTDIR=C:\Qt\2008.04\qt
QMAKESPEC=win32-msvc2008

in the msvc shell.

Maybe I'm missing something.
Is there a specific tutorial for building PyQt with MS free
development tools?

Thanks

--
Antonio Valentino