[PyQt] Looking for QtGui.QMacCocoaViewContainer in PyQt 4.6.0

Sjoerd Op 't Land sjoerd at intercue.nl
Sat Oct 3 22:41:33 BST 2009

Hello all,

I'm trying to use GStreamer in combination with Qt on Mac. I would
like to use GStreamer directly on all platforms, because I need
advanced GStreamer functionality (which is not supplied by Phonon).

My first goal is to display video in a Qt window. Although I do not
understand all of it, it seems that GStreamer works with Cocoa (it
gives me an NSView that I should attach to an NSWindow), whereas Qt
works with Carbon. It seems that QtGui.QMacCocoaViewContainer could
help:
   http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qmaccocoaviewcontainer.html

Unfortunately, this method seems not to be included by PyQt (I cannot
find it on this page):
   http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/PyQt4/html/qtgui.html

I have installed PyQt from MacPorts, the version is py26-pyqt4 @4.6_0.
Should I install it from source and configure it (SIP?) in a special
way? Or should I not expect this method to be included? Am I
overlooking something else?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion,
Sjoerd Op 't Land