[PyQt] Newbie question regarding Qt Designer and PyQt

Donovan Parks donovan.parks at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 23:39:37 BST 2009

Hello,

I am new to both Qt Designed and PyQt. I've been successful in using
Qt Designer to create a 'main window' and have compiled it with pyuic4
without any problems. However, when I load up the dialog the size of
all my combo and spin boxes do not match what is shown in Qt Designer.
They are far too small. So small that the arrow of the spin boxes are
not even drawn properly. I have both my combo and spin boxes laid out
using a QFormLayout to the right of some QLabels. I can fix the 'small
size' problem by setting a minimum height for the widgets and settings
their vertical policy to fixed, but it seems odd I need to do this.

Is this a know problem with Qt Designer? Has anyone experience this
problem before and have some insight into what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any and all help.

Cheers,
Donovan