[PyQt] Re: Build problems on win32

Antonio Valentino antonio.valentino at tiscali.it
Mon Oct 5 08:13:59 BST 2009

Il giorno Mon, 5 Oct 2009 02:23:10 +0200
David Boddie <david at boddie.org.uk> ha scritto:

> On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 10:28:10 +0200, Antonio Valentino wrote:
>  <antonio.valentino at tiscali.it>
>
> > Sorry for multiple posting. I don't receive message from the mailing
> > list any more.
>
> That's strange. Maybe you need to check your delivery options:

Hm, you are right, the delivery flag was disabled.
This is very strange since I regularly received all posts up to the
23rd of September.
Anyway it is OK now.

> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Did you build a version of Qt from the Git repository at some
> > > point? Perhaps this is interfering with the build process.
>
> > no, I just installer the qt-sdk-win-opensource-2009.04.exe from
> > qt.nokia.com site and build it using MSVC2008 and following the
> > tutorial at:
> >
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/gpalem/archive/2009/03/09/how-to-make-qt-sdk-work-wit
> >h-visualstudio-2008-express-complete.aspx
>
> Hmm. Maybe there's something wrong with the installer. Have you tried
> to build any of the Qt C++ examples?

No. I'll try it today.

> > I encountered build problems and solved removing temporary files
> >
> > src/3rdparty/webkit/WebCore/tmp/moc/{debug,release}_shared/mocinclude.tmp
> >
> > as reported here:
> >
> > http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009/06/25/qt-452-has-been-released/
> >
> > After that I set environment vatiables:
> >
> > PATH=C:\Qt\2008.04\qt\bin:%PATH%
> > QTDIR=C:\Qt\2008.04\qt
> > QMAKESPEC=win32-msvc2008
> >
> > in the msvc shell.
> >
> > Maybe I'm missing something.
> > Is there a specific tutorial for building PyQt with MS free
> > development tools?
>
> I don't know of a tutorial, but surely someone else on this mailing
> list must have built the latest Qt and PyQt for Windows, or is
> everyone just using the binary PyQt installers?

Of course any help will be very appreciated.

Just to be sure: I've recently purchased a commercial copy of PyQt so I
suppose I *have to* rebuild the lib using the license file in order to
distribute non-GPL software.
Is it correct?

Best regards

--