[PyQt] default action names

Scott Frankel frankel at circlesfx.com
Fri Oct 23 20:00:45 BST 2009

Not just relevant, the "qmenubar-on-mac-os-x" link provides the
categorical explanation.  ie:  "the table below outlines the strings
looked for and where the entry is placed if matched ..."

Sure enough.  The action, "Settings," spelling correctly, is moved by
Qt on OSX under the apple and renamed "Preferences" in accordance with
the OSX Way.  Developing (albeit with shell windows and emacs) on OSX,
I saw the addAction method silently fail to add the action to the menu
I made explicit in my code.  Baz, you must be using a different
operating system, thus my code sample didn't "silently fail."

Thanks for the links!
Scott