[PyQt] PyQt 4.6.1 missing QPixmap.fromWinHICON()?

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Sat Oct 24 17:16:45 BST 2009

On sab, 2009-10-24 at 11:26 -0400, Kurt Schwarz wrote:
> Hello,
>

> According the Nokia's offical Qt 4.6 doccuments they have added
> a fromWinHICON() to the QPixmap class, this function appears to be
> missing in the latest 4.6.1 PyQt build.
>

> "AttributeError: type object 'QPixmap' has no attribute
> 'fromWinHICON'"
>

> Will we see this function added to PyQt?

When PyQt will support Qt 4.6, which is no before than Qt 4.6 is
released.

You're probably confused by the fact that PyQt version numbering scheme
is very similar to Qt's. In fact, the two version numbers happen only to
match by chance (and have been doing so in the past 4 years at least,
unfortunately).

I have previously proposed to either bind the numbering no matter what
(that is: keep on releasing even major versions of PyQt as 4.5.X until
Qt 4.6 is out) or to completely change PyQt numbering scheme so not to
cause any confusion (eg: PyQt r109).
--
Giovanni Bajo
Develer S.r.l.