[PyQt] Phonon and currentSource Issues

Jonathan Noble jonnobleuk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 21:32:18 GMT 2009

Hi,
I've got an app that relies on Phonon heavily and i've been noticing issues
with mediaObject.currentSource calls.

I have a function that is linked to mediaObject.currentSourceChanged() and
when it's called it retrieves info about the currentSource. However, the info
I get rarely refers to the currentSource. It usually returns the last played
file or nothing at all, not the actual currentSource that
mediaObject.currentSourceChanged() is responding to.

The two main functions i'm using are mediaObject.totalTime() and
mediaObject.fileName()

Is my understanding for mediaObject.currentSourceChanged() incorrect? Is there
supposed to be a delay between this SIGNAL and reliable calls to mediaObject
afterwards?

Thanks

Jon