[PyQt] Building OSX universal Sip and PyQt packages

Cezary Krzyżanowski dhubleizh at o2.pl
Sun Sep 6 20:45:36 BST 2009

Hi!

Based on this article:
http://developer.apple.com/opensource/buildingopensourceuniversal.html

I'm sending two XCode project for building latest Sip and PyQt as
universal binaries. This lets the developer to build UB with arbitrary
versions, i.e. I've build PPC for 10.3.9 and Intel for 10.4 (using
SDKs provided with the latest XCode).

It's a total overkill to use XCode to compile it, as it is basically
all bash 'scripting', but I've followed the tutorial and it worked.

It would be great to incorporate this to PyQt Makefiles, so it would
be possible to build arbitrary UB combinations with single
configuration, like --arch-ppc=/Developer/SDKs/10.3.9 --arch-i386=/
Developers/SDKs/10.4.u.

It would be even nicer if binary distributions of PyQt and Sip would
be available on the website, so compound with the UB build of Qt for
Mac a developer would have instantly a toolchain for building and
shipping UB apps.

Czarek