[PyQt] persistent database connection

Anil anilet at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 12:58:29 BST 2009

Hi,
I am populating my table view using a QSqlRelationalTableModel,
It all works well and the application is working- Untill someone leaves it
open overnight and tries to view/update data next morning. The tabe view does
not show anything, can't add/delete/update ,no error messages are produced. I
suspect  connection to the database is getting timed out. How can  I prevent
it from timing out or how to detect if the connection behind the model is down
I tried
"if  connection.open():"
before executing the Query, without success

Any help is much appreciated.
Regards,
Anil K Thankappan
Phoenix IT Solutions