[PyQt] QtSQL cant connect using MySQL driver

Scott Ballard scott at scottballard.net
Mon Sep 7 23:29:28 BST 2009

Hey list,

Sorry to ask about this again, but I never got it working and was pulled
off onto something else. Now I have time to look into it again.

I can't seem to get the qmysql driver to work with the QtSQL module in
PyQt 4.5.4 and Python 2.6.2 on Windows XP SP2.

What exactly is required to make a connection to a MySql database from
PyQt? I have Wamp installed, running MySql and am able to connect to it
using the MySQLdb module.

The qmysql4.dll is in the
Python26\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\plugins\sqldrivers.

Here's the important output:
2.6.2 (r262:71605, Apr 14 2009, 22:40:02) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
PYQT_VERSION_STR: 4.5.4
QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QSQLITE QODBC3 QODBC QPSQL7 QPSQL

Has anyone gotten this working? Are there any 3rd party DLLs that need
to be installed? Any hints would be welcome!

Cheers,
-Scott