[PyQt] resizable MDI in qteditor

David Boddie dboddie at trolltech.com
Mon Sep 14 16:48:49 BST 2009

On Mon Sep 14 16:03:16 BST 2009, Giorgio Luciano wrote:

> I've put in a main window a mdi and two dock obj,
> then arranged them with a grid, but it doesnt' seems to work
> any help appreciated
> there you can find all the code
>
> http://code.google.com/p/openchem/

The problem appears to be with your MainUi.ui form. You need to do the
following things to make it work:

 1. Select "splitter_2" in the Object Inspector and break the layout.
 2. Select the dock widget and cut it (Ctrl+X).
 3. Select "splitter" in the Object Inspector and break the layout.
 4. Resize the MDI area to make room for the dock widget.
 5. Paste (Ctrl+V) the dock widget into the central widget.
 6. Select the dock widget and, in the Property Editor, select the "docked"
    property. The dock widget should now move into one of the dock areas.
 7. Click in the central widget and apply a layout.

You can configure the dock widget's preferred location by changing its
properties.

David