[PyQt] Qt Assistant is not showing any help file

David Boddie dboddie at trolltech.com
Tue Sep 15 16:38:09 BST 2009

On Tue Sep 15 04:29:41 BST 2009, Gabriel Reis wrote:

> Does anybody have an idea of what is happening or can tell me where can I
> find more documentation about configuring Qt Assistant? Because I imagine
> that something is misconfigurated, because the help files exists, they just
> only aren't browseable/searchable/indexable by Qt Assistant.

Do you have a qt.qhp file with the HTML files?

If you do, one thing you can try is to run the qhelpgenerator executable
which is supplied with Qt:

  qhelpgenerator qt.qhp -o qt.qch

You should then be able to start Assistant and perform the following actions
to load the documentation:

 1. Open the Edit menu and select the Preferences item.
 2. Open the Documentation tab.
 3. Select Add... to open a file browser, select the qt.qch file and click OK.
 4. Click the dialog's OK button.

In theory, that should install the documentation you created.

Good luck!

David