[PyQt] Building PyQt on Windows

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Fri Sep 18 20:38:55 BST 2009

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009, Jeremy Sanders wrote:

> I should have tried that myself. That works fine.
>
> I now have a linker error for the SVG plugin for some reason. I had
> to add -lQtSvg in the link command line. I thought I had configured
> PyQt for SVG.

Okay, this wasn't my fault. I did tell PyQt to compile QtSvg but the test
compilation failed.

QtSvg does work - the Qt examples work fine. It looks like PyQt configure
is linking the libraries in the wrong order when doing the test for QtSvg

The command line for linking the test program has

-lQtSvg -lQtCore -lQtGui

when it should be
-lQtSvg -lQtGui -lQtCore

If I swap them round the compilation succeeds. I haven't investigated why
configure is doing them in this order.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders <jeremy at jeremysanders.net>