[PyQt] [ANN] hgview 1.1.0

David Douard david.douard at logilab.fr
Fri Sep 25 14:31:30 BST 2009

I am pleased to announce you to the latest release of `hgview 1.1.0`_.

What is it?
-----------

For the ones from the back of the classroom near the radiator, let me
remind you that hgview_ is a very helpful tool for daily work using
the excellent DVCS Mercurial_ (which we heavily use at Logilab_, thanks Matt
and others!). It allows to easily and visually navigate your hg repository
revision graphlog. It is written in Python_ and pyqt_.

What's new
----------

- user can now configure colors used in the diff area (and they now
  default to white on black)

- indicate current working directory position by a square node in the graph

- add many other configuration options (listed when typing `hg help hgview`)

- removed 'hg hgview-options' command in favor of 'hg help hgview'

- add ability to choose which parent to diff with for merge nodes

- dramatically improved UI behaviour (shortcuts, history of navigation, goto
next/prev diff (in some views), etc.)

- improved help and make it accessible from the GUI

- make it possible not to display the diffstat column of the file list
  (which can dramatically improve performances on big repositories)

- standalone application: improved command line options

- add auto-reload feature (when the repo is modified due to a pull, a
  commit, etc., hgview detects it, reloads the repo and updates the
  graph)

- fix *many* bugs, especially the file log navigator should now
  display the whole graph

- (maybe) improved performances a bit

Download and installation
-------------------------

The source code is available as a tarball_, or using our `public hg
repository`_ of course.

To use it from the sources, you just have to add a line in your ``.hgrc``
file, in the `[extensions]` section:

  hgext.hgview=/path/to/hgview/hgext/hgview.py

Debian_ and Ubuntu_ users can also easily install hgview (and Logilab other
free software tools) using our `deb package repositories`_.

.. _`hgview 1.1.0`: http://www.logilab.org/project/hgview/1.1.0
.. _hgview: http://www.logilab.org/project/hgview
.. _Mercurial: http://www.selenic.com/mercurial
.. _`deb package repositories`:
http://www.logilab.org/card/LogilabDebianRepository
.. _`public hg repository`: http://www.logilab.org/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/
.. _Debian: http://www.debian.org
.. _Ubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.com
.. _tarball: http://ftp.logilab.org/pub/hgview/hgview-1.0.0.tar.gz
.. _qt4: http://www.qtsoftware.com/products/
.. _pyqt: http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pyqt/intro
.. _Python: http://www.python.org
.. _Logilab: http://www.logilab.fr
--
David Douard                        LOGILAB, Paris (France), +33 1 45 32 03 12
Formations Python, Zope, Debian :   http://www.logilab.fr/formations