[PyQt] slots don't get called

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Mon Sep 28 14:11:49 BST 2009

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 14:15:34 +0200, Peter Bienstman
<Peter.Bienstman at ugent.be> wrote:

>> > Linux using current snapshots. A problem like that is unlikely to be
>> > platform dependent.
>>
>> Is there a Windows installer for the latest snapshot by any chance?
>> Perhaps
>> the problem is already solved there.
>
> I tried 4.6, but no luck...
>
> I've stripped down my test case to a single 50-line self-contained file:
>
> http://users.ugent.be/~pbienst/pub/no_slot.py
>
> If there is anything more I can do to help you debug this, don't hesitate
> ask.

Short answer - use triggered() instead of activated().

Longer answer...

I could reproduce the problem on Windows - but it's a Qt configuration
issue, not a platform issue.

activated() is part of the Qt3 support which is not enabled in the version
of Qt included in the Windows installer, but it is enabled on my Linux
system.

BTW, using the new connect API would have shown the problem immediately.