[PyQt] ANN: PyQt v4.6 and SIP v4.9 Released

Christian Caron ccaron at fattoc.com
Mon Sep 28 20:59:52 BST 2009

I just upgraded and I get problems patching at the instance level.

I used to patch my own 'customEvent' on the QApplication at the
instance level. This doesn't work anymore.

Patching still works at the class level. The following code
illustrates this:

from PyQt4.QtCore import *
from PyQt4.QtGui import *

class App(QApplication):
     def customEvent(self, event):
         print 'inherited', event

if __name__ == '__main__':

     def classPatch(self, event):
         print 'classPatch', event

     def instancePatch(event):
         print 'instancePatch', event

     # This still works
     # App.customEvent = classPatch

     app = App([])

     # This used to work but doesn't anymore.
     # app.customEvent = instancePatch

     QApplication.sendEvent(app, QEvent(1000))

     widget = QWidget()
     widget.show()

     app.exec_()