[PyQt] Help - WINAPI PSoundW and WINAPI Beep linker error using sip

Demetrius Cassidy dcassidy36 at mass.rr.com
Sat Apr 3 22:01:47 BST 2010

Still need help with this =(

I've tried adding this to my sip file:
%ModuleHeaderCode
#include <mmsystem.h>
#pragma comment(lib, "winmm.lib")
%End

Tried adding the same code above directly to the offending .cpp files:
#include <mmsystem.h>
#pragma comment(lib, "winmm.lib")

And tried just copying winmm.lib into the folder with the makefile, and
anywhere else where LIBPATH is looking and it won't link the damn thing.
Help!!

        link /NOLOGO /DLL /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:pyptlib.pyd.manifest
/SUBSYSTE
M:WINDOWS "/MANIFESTDEPENDENCY:type='win32'
name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Contr
ols' version='6.0.0.0' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'
processorA
rchitecture='*'" /INCREMENTAL:NO /OUT:pyptlib.pyd
@C:\DOCUME~1\dcassidy\LOCALS~1
\Temp\nm33B.tmp
   Creating library pyptlib.lib and object pyptlib.exp
sippyptlibPSoundChannelWin32.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"pu
blic: virtual bool __thiscall PSoundChannelWin32::PlaySoundW(class PSound
const
&,bool)" (?PlaySoundW at PSoundChannelWin32@@UAE_NABVPSound@@_N at Z)
sippyptlibPSoundChannel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public:
 virtual bool __thiscall PSoundChannel::PlaySoundW(class PSound const
&,bool)" (
?PlaySoundW at PSoundChannel@@UAE_NABVPSound@@_N at Z)
sippyptlibPFile.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
bool __
thiscall PFile::Move(class PFilePath const &,bool)"
(?Move at PFile@@QAE_NABVPFileP
ath@@_N at Z) referenced in function _meth_PFile_Move
pyptlib.pyd : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\BIN
\link.EXE"' : return code '0x460'
Stop.