[PyQt] Forum

Francesco Biccari biccari at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 13:35:44 BST 2010

> That depends on your point of view. Subscribing to many mailing lists,
> I'm of a different opinion. I can keep track of all of them from one
> single application (my mail client), which is much easier than having to
> browse to every forum.

You are right, but in any case you can receive, for example, a daily digest
of the new messages of the forum.

> The link at the bottom of this email sends you to a page that has this
> at the top:

> To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the PyQt
> Archives.
>
> There are also some external searchable archives at
>
>    * http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.pyqt-pykde
>    * http://www.mail-archive.com/pyqt%40riverbankcomputing.com/

The archive is not simple to browse, for example is not organized in section.
You don't have a rapid view of all the answers because you have to open
a message at a time.
Moreover in a forum you have the code highlight support and other visual
helps.
Then in a forum every member has near its name the number of messages
which helps the other members to understand the experience of that member.
And so on...

Obviously, I know that a forum is more difficult to maintain than a mailing list
but I am sure that it would provide a better help to the PyQt community and
a boost to the growth of this community.

Regards : )
Fra