[PyQt] QSystemTrayIcon not working with py2exe

Sebastian Elsner sebastianelsner at freenet.de
Tue Apr 27 14:50:16 BST 2010

Hello Nick,

my setup.py is autogenerated by GUI2exe. Find the contents below. As you
can see, I included the icon as data and icon file (even if I did not have
to when I was using ressources). both ways work when not compiled with
py2exe. I also tried several combinations with optimize, compressed and
bundle. also the QtCore and QtGui pyds and dlls get copied correctly... I
searched the web and the py2exe homepage, but it seems they do not have a
mailing list.

I'd appreciate all suggestions.

Sebastian

 from distutils.core import setup

import shutil

class Target(object):
     """ A simple class that holds information on our executable file. """
     def __init__(self, **kw):
         """ Default class constructor. Update as you need. """
         self.__dict__.update(kw)

data_files = [('', ['X:\\hermes\\src\\icon.ico'])]

includes = ['sip']
excludes = []
packages = []
dll_excludes = []
icon_resources = [(1, 'X:\\hermes\\src\\icon.ico')]
bitmap_resources = []
other_resources = []

GUI2Exe_Target_1 = Target(
     script = "HermesServerSysTray.py",