[PyQt] PyQt book: examples now available for Python 3.1 + PyQt API 2

Mark Summerfield list at qtrac.plus.com
Thu Apr 29 12:24:21 BST 2010

On 2010-04-29, Jean-Claude Repetto wrote:
> Le 29/04/2010 10:54, Mark Summerfield a écrit :
> > I've now ported the PyQt book's examples to Python 3.1 and PyQt's API 2.
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> Will you publish soon a new edition of the book, based on Python 3 and
> PyQt's API 2 ?

Hi Jean-Claude,

I'm just finishing a new C++/Qt book "Advanced Qt Programming" at the
moment.

I plan to start a new book in October. I have a short list of three I'd
like to write, and a new PyQt book is on the list. I'll will decide on
which one to do over the summer.

I want to see how far PySide gets, particularly regarding Python 3,
since I want the next edition to use Python 3.1 and API 2, and ideally
cover both PyQt and PySide (providing they are compatible enough not to
cause a lot of confusion).

Whether I do it as my next book or as a later one, if I do a second
edition it will probably have a new title (to reflect coverage of PySide
and PyQt), and I plan to drop Part I (Python Programming). That will
leave room for me to increase the coverage of GUI programming (and will
hopefully encourage people to buy my Python 3 book:-)

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy