[PyQt] Porting PyQt GUI between platforms.

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Tue Aug 3 08:21:48 BST 2010

On Tuesday 03 August 2010 15:07:28 Raoul Snyman wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:05:31 +1000, Algis Kabaila wrote:
> > On which platform is best to use PyInstaller?  The porting is from Linux
> > to Windows.
>
> I use PyInstaller for packaging my PyQt4 app for Windows and OS X. For
> Linux/FreeBSD I just use the package management system for each
> distribution, like .deb files for Ubuntu, .rpm files for Fedora, etc.
‌Raoul,

Actually, I was asking if Pyinstaller should preferably be run whilst on a
Linux Box or is it better on a Windows box?

I have downloaded it and read parts of the manual.  I notice that the manual
is out of sync with the file structure.  For example, it says

pyinstaller$ cd source/linux

but the downloaded zip archive's "source" directory does not have a "linux"
subdirectory. Distracting...

Thanks again,
OldAl.