[PyQt] ImportError: no module name PyQt4 (Windows 7, 64 bit)

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Mon Aug 9 12:44:06 BST 2010

On Monday 09 August 2010, 12:41:31 John McCabe wrote:
>   Hi
>
> I've just installed PyQt4 with SIP on my PC and I'm getting the error
> "ImportError: no module name PyQt4" when I try to run the qtdemo.pyw
> file in the examples folder (see below).

Please define "installed".

> My first thought was that my PYTHONPATH needed something adding to it,
> but I'm fairly new to python and wasn't sure what to put in. I tried
> adding the C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages folder, and the
> C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4 one, but that didn't help.

If you're so new to Python, why do you use such an old Python?

> Any other suggestions would be gratefully received.

It's hard to do, since your message is lacking all those gory details...
See, only due to your path presentation, we know, that you must use some
form of Windows derivate, might it be Win 3.11 or maybe IBM OS/2 or even
Atari TOS? Did you build yourself, or installed which package?

Your turn,
Pete