[PyQt] Next PyQt, SIP and QScintilla Releases

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Tue Aug 24 09:41:57 BST 2010

Phil Thompson wrote:

> Development is finished on the next releases of PyQt, SIP and QScintilla,
> so testing your favorite application against current snapshots would be a
> good idea...

Worked okay for me.

I was trying to build PyQt to install in a non-system directory and found
out that there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to stop the dbus files
being installed in a system directory. I worked around this by setting the
dbus include directory option to be somewhere where they were not located.

Would it make sense to have a "disable-dbus" option or to allow the files to
be installed in a non system directory? It would also be useful to have some
sort of "prefix" option to configure which would set the install directories
to be subdirectories of that directory.

Thanks

Jeremy

--