[PyQt] QAction, signals, eric4, Windows and Linux...

fpp fpp.gsp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 13:30:50 BST 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 12:33 AM, David Boddie <david at boddie.org.uk> wrote:

> The activated() signal is a "Qt 3 support member" of QAction:
>
>  http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/qaction-qt3.html
>
> This means that it is available if Qt has been built to contain code to
> support APIs in Qt 3, to help people port applications from Qt 3 to Qt 4.
> I guess the version of Qt for Maemo doesn't contain this code, so it won't
> work.

Paul, thanks a lot for taking the time to shed light on this with a
perfectly clear explanation.

Being still a beginner in Qt, I do hate such apparent mysteries :-)
I guess there was a valid rationale at the time for changing this in Qt4 ?

Anyway, I'll switch QAction slots to "triggered" in all my code, even
for desktops, just to be on the safe side...

Best,
fp