[PyQt] PyQt install on suse 11 SP1

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sun Dec 5 11:53:26 GMT 2010

On Sunday 05 December 2010, 12:44:51 Anup Joshi wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am trying to install pyQT on suse linux ( 11 sp1) .

Please define: suse linux ( 11 sp1)

The output of:
cat /etc/SuSE-release
is sufficient.

> I have already
> installed Qt.

Istalled from rpm?

> When I run configure.py in the PyQt folder, I get the
> following error message:

> suse:~/Desktop/linux/PyQt-x11-gpl-4.8.1 # python configure.py
> Determining the layout of your Qt installation...
> This is the GPL version of PyQt 4.8.1 (licensed under the GNU General
> Public License) for Python 2.7 on linux2.
>
> Type '2' to view the GPL v2 license.
>
> Type '3' to view the GPL v3 license.
>
> Type 'yes' to accept the terms of the license.
>
> Type 'no' to decline the terms of the license.
>

> Do you accept the terms of the license? yes
>
> Checking to see if the QtGui module should be built...
>
> Checking to see if the QtHelp module should be built...
>
> Checking to see if the QtMultimedia module should be built...
>
> Checking to see if the QtNetwork module should be built...
>
> Checking to see if the QtDeclarative module should be built...
>
> Checking to see if the QtOpenGL module should be built...
>
> Checking to see if the QtScript module should be built...
>
> Checking to see if the QtScriptTools module should be built...
>
> Checking to see if the QtSql module should be built...
>
> Checking to see if the QtSvg module should be built...
>
> Checking to see if the QtTest module should be built...
>
> Checking to see if the QtWebKit module should be built...
>
> Checking to see if the QtXml module should be built...
>
> Checking to see if the QtXmlPatterns module should be built...
>
> Checking to see if the phonon module should be built...
>
> Checking to see if the QtAssistant module should be built...
>
> Checking to see if the QtDesigner module should be built...
>
> Checking to see if the dbus support module should be built...
>
> DBus v1 does not seem to be installed.
>
> Qt v4.7.0 free edition is being used.
>
> SIP 4.11.2 is being used.
>
> The Qt header files are in /opt/qtsdk-2010.05/qt/include.
>
> The shared Qt libraries are in /opt/qtsdk-2010.05/qt/lib.
>
> The Qt binaries are in /opt/qtsdk-2010.05/qt/bin.
>
> The Qt mkspecs directory is in /opt/qtsdk-2010.05/qt.
>
> These PyQt modules will be built: QtCore, QtHelp, QtMultimedia,
> QtNetwork,
>
> QtDeclarative, QtScript, QtScriptTools, QtSvg, QtTest, QtWebKit,
> QtXml,
>
> QtXmlPatterns, phonon, QtDesigner.
>
> The PyQt Python package will be installed in
>
> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages.
>
> PyQt is being built with generated docstrings.
>
> PyQt is being built with 'protected' redefined as 'public'.
>
> The Designer plugin will be installed in
>
> /opt/qtsdk-2010.05/qt/plugins/designer.
>
> The PyQt .sip files will be installed in /usr/local/share/sip/PyQt4.
>
> pyuic4, pyrcc4 and pylupdate4 will be installed in /usr/local/bin.
>
> Generating the C++ source for the QtCore module...
>
> Creating the Makefile for the QtCore module...
>
> Generating the C++ source for the QtDeclarative module...
>
> sip:
> /root/Desktop/linux/PyQt-x11-gpl-4.8.1/sip/QtGui/qabstracttextdocumen
>tlayout.sip:1: syntax error
>
> Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

You're missing to install the current sip package beforehand.

I'm attending current packages for a bunch of openSUSE products here:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Afrispete%3APyQt

and

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Afrispete%3APyQt-next

See my former announcements on this list for detailed descriptions.

Pete

Pete