[PyQt] Hunting down memory leaks

Darryl Wallace darryl.wallace at prosensus.ca
Tue Dec 14 16:05:42 GMT 2010

One of the things I've found in this regard has to do with Python and
garbage collection.  If the reference count to certain objects does not go
to zero then the item will not be garbage collected.

Ensure that the objects that you want cleaned up have no references to
them.  I've found that setting widgets' parents to None and then setting
that variable to None often does the trick.

Anyone else have tips on garbage collection with PyQt???

darryl